Apologetics Poll taken by ISWA asking Christian women to rank their study interests -
These are the results from almost 300 women:
1. Most important - basic, general apologetics knowledge; basically being able to defend their faith. This is why ISWA started with the basics in our new curriculum. It is a broad overview giving the average Christian answers to those who challenge them on their faith.
2. Second most important - training their own children. This includes little kids, homeschoolers, and youth ministry.
3. Next, scientific topics, such as creation/evolution. This is probably due to the fact that many are moms dealing with public school educated kids that come home with questions as to why their teacher says that science and faith are incompatible. This is why science is sprinkled throughout the ISWA U curriculum, so the moms have answers for their kids.
4. Next, Evangelism ties with women’s ministry. Christian woman want to be able to evangelize more successfully and also be able to teach other women to do the same. Many are yearning for more from their women’s ministry than tea parties and craft fairs.
5. After that comes cults and world religions. Specifically named: Atheism and Islam. Women know these are huge challenges in the culture that we live in today. New Atheism and Islam (as it is stated in the Qur'an) are hostile to Christianity in many parts of the world.
6. Tied with cults and world religions is the pro-life movement. Many women feel called to stand up for those who cannot speak for themselves and minister to young women facing confusing choices in light of an unplanned pregnancy.
7. Next comes an interest in archaeology and history, specifically that which lends external evidence for the reliability of the Bible.
8. Lastly comes other random issues like universalism, eschatology, and societal issues.
What is your opinion on these results? Do they surprise you? Give you hope? They certainly did for me and reminded me why I do what I do… Hopefully this gives you some direction for your own apologetics ministry as well... don't forget that half the Christian population is eager to be equipped to be able to defend their faith as well...